Mornings at your veterinary hospital are a HOT MESS. Six clients are waiting in line to admit their pets for surgery and dentistry. Two client care teammates scramble to quickly help clients and answer calls. The last person in line shouts, “Can’t you find more people to help? I’m late for work!” REALLY?
This disaster was actually self-induced. Many hospital teams instruct clients to “drop-off” patients for procedures. I will teach you how to stop the yelling, stop the chaos, and stop the morning rush hour at your front desk. You will learn:
- How to schedule admission appointments and tips to prioritize who checks in first
- Get paperwork done before the day of the procedure
- Send confirmations that set expectations and train clients to check in on time (includes templates)
- Book discharge appointments rather than “catching” doctors between exams to talk with clients
- Leverage veterinary nurses and assistants to support admissions and discharges
WATCH A PREVIEW: End Drop-Off Disasters
WHAT YOU GET
This 1-hour course includes:
- Team enrollment
- Unlimited 24/7 replay
- Handout with step-by-step instructions and facilitator's guide
- Online test
- 1 hour of CE credit
- Watch on any device: Smartphone, tablet, and computer
- Your training manager may view learner progress reports
- Add or remove learners anytime at no additional cost
HOW TO WATCH RECORDED COURSES
Employees may view courses 24/7 on a computer, tablet, or smartphone. Employees will log into Communication Solutions for Veterinarians’ eLearning to access recorded courses.
HOW TO MANAGE LEARNERS
Your training manager will submit the online form to add or remove employees in your training group. Each employee will use an individual email to take courses, track progress, and store CE certificates. A shared email may not be used to earn CE credit because the first person who takes the test will satisfy it and names will print on CE certificates. Your training manager may view learner progress reports and add or remove learners anytime at no additional charge.
COURSE USE POLICY
Online courses are for individual hospital use. Multi-location hospitals and corporate groups will need to enroll each location separately. Course materials are copyrighted. Course materials include videos, slides, audio, handouts, and tests. Course materials are for educational use by employees of the single hospital location that purchased the training. We offer discounts for multi-location hospitals and sales professionals. Call 720-344-2347 or email email@example.com with your questions.
For delivery details, see our Terms and Conditions.